The Smove.City Equity Plan For Cities
Smove.City will agree with each City partner to a two-pronged approach to equity:
- Offering affordable pricing, engaging the community and broad access
- Expanding Program coverage over time to underserved parts of the City
Smove.City desires to help achieve civic goals related to equity, innovation, experimentation, and maintaining order in the City’s right-of-way by providing high-quality, reliable equipment and software; seamless customer service; comprehensive, meaningful bike share program; and collaboration with the municipal/City and local businesses”
– Constantin Vermoere, Founder & CEO Smove.City
Smove.City will work with each City in good faith to implement the “Smove.City Equity Plan”
Our equity plan can be summarised as follows:
- Smove.City will administer a low-income program at its cost, including the following elements:
- Income-Eligible Membership: Smove.City will offer a discounted annual membership to income-eligible individuals.
- Programming, in partnership with community organizations, to introduce new audiences to bicycle share, such as group rides and riding classes.
- Smove.City will rebalance bicycles to ensure equitable access to the Program throughout the service area.
- Smove.City bicycle distribution commitments are geographically equitable by requiring Smove.City to rebalance bicycles to all areas of the City.
- Smove.City will expand Program coverage to underserved parts of the City in mutual agreement with The City
- Smove.City will support programming from (local) partner organizations that promote bicycle share, including by providing free passes that may be used by local partners to teach local residents about bike sharing.
- Smove.City will advocate for bicycle safety programming to increase community awareness of bicycle share.
Smove.City will measure its equity efforts through(i) rider demographics and(ii) accessibility of bicycles in targeted neighborhoods.Smove.City will seek the advice of local researchers and experts to improve methods of measuring equity in bicycle share.
If you are a city official or journalist and would like to know more about our equity plan you can reach out to our press contact at email@example.com